Jennifer Green, Mt. Pleasant, SCAverage Classes Attended: 2 classes per week
994 estimated boot camp calories burned per week.
My goal was to be able to do 15 triceps push-up on my toes - still not there, but getting stronger and I have improved my range of motion when doing squats. (Improvement still needed, but I am getting there)
I have increased my water intake, but I have to admit that summer has been difficult because of lack of planing on my part & mindless eating!
Short Term Goals:
1. Triceps push-up - 15 on toes
2. 5 pull ups without help of bands (purchased pull bar)
3. Lose the summer 5lbs I gained
4. Run the Kiawah 1/2 marathon in Dec. under 1hr 54min
5. Eat clean, increase water intake & keep a food journal
6. Destroy my husband in the Mega Med Run in September
Long Term Goals:
1. Be in the best shape by age 40 & stop gaining the summer weight each year
2. Run the DC Rock n Roll 1/2 Marathon - March 2014
3. Run the Disney Dopey Challenge at age 40
4. Run in the FL Ragnar Relay with Missy, Michelle & Angie
5. Eat clean 85% of the time
Karen Verbenko, Highlands, NJ
Average Classes Attended: 1 class/week
I have found it difficult to get to a second class a week, but I do try my best. If I don’t make it to a mid-week class, I exercise at home to a video or take a long bike ride. I’ve been having some knee issues and with the knee pain, I have lost a bit of my motivation. But reminding myself how good I felt and the way my (smaller) clothes feel, is giving me the motivation back.
I have been practicing exercises at home to help with my short term goals, and while I haven’t quite reached them yet, I can feel myself getting stronger. I have noticed that I am able to do some of the sprints during class better without having to walk, and that is a big win for me. I ended up completing the 5 Borough Bike tour in just under 5 hours (40 miles), with most of it being non-stop biking. I also did a Tour de Queens, a 20 miler, in July.
At the end of April/early May, I did the Gaia Fit Transformation program. I ended up losing about 7-8 pounds, and found it to be a great experience. I wasn’t sure I was going to do all 21 days at the beginning, but once I started it, I felt so good that I did not want to stop. I plan to incorporate the transformation into my daily diet every so often. Since the Gaia Fit Transformation program, I have continued with green drinks several times a week, which I really enjoy.
blog comments powered by Disqus