How many of you made the same resolutions this year that you did last year?
How many of you started January off on your way towards your resolution?
How many of you are still working on the same resolutions?
How many of you have thrown in the towel and given up already?
I, like many of you have made resolutions in the past and by the second or third week in January allowed them to start slipping away. However, there comes a point in life where we just get tired. Tired of the excuses. Tired of giving up. Tired of letting outside voices corrupt your vision. Tired of creating obstacles for ourselves. Tired of blaming others. Tired of be tired.
Sometimes we stay in this spot for a while. Tired of being tired. Then there comes a point where we decide to get comfortable in this position or we decide, enough is enough.
This year, 2013, Gaia Fit challenges you to say, "enough is enough." 2013 is the year of No Excuses!
No matter what your resolutions are this year, we are going to support you all the way to No Excuses! Let's get started.
- Start a 2013 Journal. On the first page, write everything you want to accomplish in 2013. Don't hold back. Keep writing until you have nothing left. Block out any negative thoughts. Listen to your mind and heart.
- When you are done writing. Walk away. Take a break. Go on to other things. Come back to your writings the next day.
- Read and think about what you wrote.
- Break it down into smaller steps. What do you need to get done this month, in 3 months, and in 6 months to be on your way to achieving your goals. This may change along the way. In fact, odds are... it will change. But the visualization of the steps is important.
- Make it specific and real. Simplify the steps.
- Tag a page in your journal with the month. On that page you will have your specific goals for that month. Keep the list to under 5. 3 is usually a good number to follow. (Every month you will repeat this process.)
- Make your goals visual - both your full year goals and that present month's goals. Have it in your office, in your bedroom or in your kitchen - a place where you spend most of your day or where you start and finish your day. You can do this through pictures or by simply writing them down and tacking them on a board. I like a combination of both.
- Write your 3-5 monthly goals on a piece of paper and put them in your wallet or purse and build a habit of reading them at least once a day at anytime throughout the day.
- Take your 2013 Journal and place it bedside or in a very visual place on your desk or workspace. Read it often.
You may find that your goals are in categories - work, fitness, nutrition, spirituality, family, relationships, etc. However, do not be surprised at how the effect each other. It is very rare that a person can keep each part of their life so departmentalized. At Gaia Fit, we speak to the whole person. Don't be surprised on your Gaia Fit Health History form when we ask you about work, family, health of family members, what you are eating, etc. Yes, it is your choice with how much you share, but know that we understand. As I tell everyone on their first day, "the more you share, the more I can help." It may come on that first day. Most likely it will come over time. Most important - We are here to make your Boot Camp, Nutrition, and Personal Training experiences help you toward the pursuit of happiness!
It does not have to be January 1st for you to set out on your path to reach your goals. It can happen at anytime. So what are you are waiting for? Join Gaia Fit!
2013 is your year of No Excuses!