'Tis the season to wine and dine! Enjoy and have fun, but be smart.
12 Tips for Dining Out
- Do not "save" all of your calories for that special evening.
- Eat clean all day leading up to the event - lots of veggies, fruit, lean protein, water.
- Eat a small snack before the event. Open parties with buffet tables and munchies? We recommend drinking a protein shake the hour leading up to the event.
- Exercise the day of the event and the day after the event.
- Drink your water plus more throughout the day. Remember at least 50% of your body weight.
- If you will be enjoying cocktails, alternate every drink with a glass of water.
- Keep your hands full with a drink (water) most of the evening, to avoid the empty hand too much snacking.
- Munch on the veggies and fruits. Careful with the cheese and crackers.
- Sit down meals? Hold the starch. Think veggies and a protein.
- Cut your meal into thirds before diving in. Most restaurants will give you 3 times a normal serving size. Cut it first so you know exactly how much you are eating.
- Choose your splurge. Will it be drinks, dessert, appetizer, bread? Pick one.
- Next day... right back on track with water in the a.m. and a healthy protein filled breakfast. No skipping breakfast.