We love to experiment with granola bar recipes in my house. The boys really get into it. We have our favorite combinations and usually decide we like it better before we bake it. So today, we took our paper and pen out, measured our ingredients (we usually just throw things in with no measuring) and added a little fun at the end. We even went to our friends at Calorie Count to get the estimated nutrition details for you!
We hope you enjoy and if we can make one recommendation... Experiment!
Go beyond our recipe and create your own. The one thing we will always keep consistent in our recipes is the source for our protein powder - Shaklee Nutrition.
We plan on continuing to experiment in making a peanut butter / nut butter free version for our friends with allergies (and Daddy).
Protein Powdered Energy Balls - AKA Snow Balls
- Measure and Mix all the dry ingredients.
- 3 cups of Gluten Free Oats
- 1/3 Cup of Pumpkin Seeds (or another type of seed)
- 1/3 Cup of Cranberries or Raisins
- 1/2 Cup of Dark Chocolate Chips
- 3 Scoops of Shaklee Cinch Vanilla (optional, add 1 scoop)
- Mix the wet ingredients together.
- 1/2 cup of Agave Syrup or Honey (or combination of the two)
- 1/2 cup of all natural Nut Butter (only ingredient should be the type of nut)
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix well. You may get a crumbly type consistency, but as long as you can mush it together, you are good.
- Roll balls with your hands about the size of golf balls or even ping pong balls.
- Take the balls and roll them in protein powder giving them the "powdered munchkin" look. You can pick any flavor of protein for this!
- Enjoy! Refrigerate any leftovers in a seal tight container. Great for a breakfast on the run, afternoon snack, pre-workout meal, or even a quick post workout recovery.
- Estimated serving: 24
- Calories: 151
- Protein: 6g
- Carbohydrates 20g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Sugar: 4.6g
- Fat 5.8g