Quick and easy, yet healthy is what so many of us are looking for. Unfortunately, we think that means boring or coming from a "healthy" wrapper. I love breakfast; however, I cannot quite remember a time when I was able to sit quietly, read a paper, and slowly eat breakfast (the way it should be right!?). I am the type of person who will sleep as long as possible before I must get out of bed. It helped that I attended an all girl private school, so scooping my hair up and throwing on my uniform was totally acceptable. Freshman year in college, I quickly learned to never schedule an early class. Taking the 5:45am train to work, I learned to eat, put on make-up, and prep for the day (or go back to sleep). Then the perfect profession where sweat pants and pony tails are part of your professional attire! Add 5am clients and children who don't sleep past 6:30am to the mix and quick and easy is what it is about.
I get bored. My husband can eat the same thing for breakfast, lunch, and snack every day and for years. (Sometimes, I wish he could eat dinner like that too.) I need rotation, variety, a little oomph. And I can never skip breakfast; otherwise, you will see crankville city. I also need to have some type of protein in the morning; otherwise, yep, you guessed it—crankville city.
So, how do we do it? How do we make breakfast (lunch, snacks, and dinner) convenient, healthy, quick and yummy? I will share with you my top 4 Breakfast Meals! 4 is just enough that I don't get bored, but don't have to think either. Now, I will also share that these meals also turn into snacks and lunch for me as well!
So, tomorrow while I make the kids' lunch, clean up the kitchen, order everyone around, make-up the beds and go through my daily to do and check list, I will be eating 1 of the following! Hopefully, you will like one or more OR best of all, maybe it will spark some of your own creative quick and easy meal ideas!
Shake it Up!*This is my quickest, easiest and most transportable (probably the most frequent weekday breakfast)
- 1 Cup of So Delicious Coconut Milk
- 2 Scoops of Shaklee180
- option: berries and/or 1/2 banana
- 2nd option: 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon of cashew butter (this is added to days I know I wont see another meal until lunch)
- 3rd option: throw a kale leaf or some spinach leaves in and grind up!
- Magic Bullet it and go!
- Pour about 1 cup of Frozen Peppers (or zucchini) into a heated skillet
- After veggies are warm and ready, throw 2 eggs over them (whisked or not)
- Stir it around until all cooked. No perfect omelets here!
- Throw over a warmed wrap. My favorite is to get a brown rice tortilla slightly crisp.
- Sprinkle some goat cheese or feta over the eggs.
- Slice 1/3 of an avocado and mix in there!
- Top with some salsa!
- 1 - 2 slices of your favorite toast
- 1 tablespoon of almond or cashew butter
- Sliced fresh strawberries or banana
- Layer and enjoy!
Fruit Cereal (pictured above)
- Sliced banana
- Handful of berries
- Teaspoon of dried fruit
- Palmful of nuts and seeds
- Mix in a bowl and deliciously filling!
- Or eat all separately on the go! (You will always find nuts and a piece of fruit in my bag!)