Breathe, Chew, Sit, and Be Present!
Mindful Eating will make a world of difference in your portion control, cravings, digestion, acid reflux, and more!
Steps to Mindful Eating:
- Sit down while you eat (for at least your main meals).
- Take a deep breathe before you begin to eat and in between bites during the meal or snack.
- Put your food or utensil down, after every bite or sip. Don't pick it back up until you have chewed and swallowed!
- Chew your food. Yes! Chew! One meal a day, practice chewing 10X every bite, 20X every bite, 30X every bite. Chewing activates saliva which aides in digestion and lets your body know when you are full!
- Be present. Best choice is to turn off television, computer, put your papers and telephone away. We know, in a perfect world, right? Try it for at least one meal a day. However, no matter what you are doing, let yourself know you are eating. Think about the food. Look at it. Follow the mindful eating tips above.
*For those of you who have been following our Nutrition 101 from the beginning: In addition to Mindful Eating, we would like you to review your previous steps. Can you do better at one step? Did you forget about a step?
Get back in the nutrition game for your health, energy, weight, mind, and spirit!