Vary Protein Sources!
Most of us benefit from getting protein in EVERY meal in some form. Breakfast is often the most neglected time and we will give some tips on how to get more in.
- Beans, Legumes
- Chicken, Turkey, Pork
- Yogurt, Milk, Cheese (limited - no more then 2 servings a day, for some 0 is better)
- Whole Grains
- Red Meat
Start your morning off on the right foot. Do not SKIP breakfast. If you find you are not hungry at breakfast, lighten up on your dinner, eat it earlier and you will want to make time to enjoy a high quality breakfast. Include protein in your breakfast to keep full and satisfied, give energy, and get the metabolism jump started!
- Nutty Fruit Cereal (Dice your favorite fruit in a bowl, Spread a handful of nuts and seeds over it, Enjoy like a bowl of cereal).
- Shake and Go (Make a protein shake: liquid, fruit, nut butter, yogurt, ice, high quality protein or meal powder are all delicious additions!) You can drink it on the way to work!
- Veggie Omelet (1 full egg, 2 egg whites, favorite veggies, throw in 1/2 an avocado!)
- Add to your oatmeal (add yogurt or nuts and seeds to up the protein!)
- High Quality Meal Bar with a piece of fruit (Shaklee180 is our favorite, Kind Bar, Lara Bar, Think Thin, Nugo)
- A piece of Fruit and an organic Cheese Stick
- Hard Boiled Egg and Carrot Sticks
- Whole Grain Toast with Fruit and Nut Butter
Vary your protein throughout the day. You have so many options and your body enjoys the benefits from them all.
Balance your plate.
This is VERY important and will make a big difference in your diet! The protein should not be the largest item on your plate. It should be a compliment to your veggies, fruit and/or whole grains.