It is a totally amazing experience when you see your boot camp participants come together like family! On March 1, Gaia Fit Charleston held a Burpee Challenge at the end of our regular Saturday a.m. boot camp class. The class participants came together to support a fellow boot camper, Amanda, raise money for the ALLY Foundation on her journey to the Boston Marathon.
The Burpee Challenge participants competed as individuals, partners, or in groups of three. They completed as many burpees as they could in two minutes. Then rested 1 minute and topped it off by completed 42 burpees as fast as they could. These aren't just random numbers. They hold significance in Amanda's support for the ALLY Foundation.
- Every 2 minutes someone in the United States is sexually assaulted.
- 1 in every 4 girls and 1 in every 6 boys will be sexually abused before the age of 18.
- 1 in 5 women experience completed or attempted rape while in college
- There are 42 million adult survivors of sexual assault living in the United States.
As a result of our Gaia Fit family coming together to support one of our Sisters in Sweat, Amanda has over $400 more to donate to the ALLY Foundation.
In addition to our boot campers participating, the Daniel Island Moms in Business and other local Charleston area business also showed extreme generosity for the event. We were able to reward our challengers for their generous contributions and physical efforts with the following:
- Hair Cut and Facial donated by Jessica from Envy Salon
- Photography Session donated by Alison Kowalski Photography
- 3 bags packed with hats and shirts donated from Heather from Tailfins.net
- 2 gift cards for brow waxing donated from Deb at Bohemia Salon and Spa
- 2 gift cards from TrySports
- 1 gift certificate for a dinner for 2 from Sea Island Grill, Wild Dune Resort's
Good Luck at the Boston Marathon Amanda! We will be cheering you on all the way!